Friday, November 15, 2013

Kiddo Reading

Yep, he reads!  Beyond all the words he reads from his flashcards (which you'll see in the video below), I've shown him other words to see if he can read them.  Words like "the", "where", "is" and "an."  Words like "birthday" and "bedroom."  Sentences like "Angry Birds is fun."  He can read them!  Blows me away sometimes, the words he'll read, and I think he can read more than he can express to us verbally, so I don't know how much he can actually read.

This reading thing is a HUGE blessing.  Kiddo has ALL of the symptoms of dyspraxia/apraxia except for "difficulty reading."  And so I like encouraging him in this area, use it to enhance his speech, build his confidence, and help him grow in an area he hopefully will always be successful.

And so, without any further ado, I present to you: Kiddo Reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment