Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mini CHAMP Day 2


Day 2 is done!  The clinicians continued working on words beginning with D and F, making sure to incorporate them into short phrases as well.  Here's a few of those phrases:

Feet down
Four years
Five years
Fun time
Fall down
Fish fin
Food please
Dog eat
Eat dinner

Other phrases worked on, especially while they were playing their games include:

I like ___
High five
Thumbs up
____ please
Under _____
On _____
I found ____
Where is _____?

They also worked on using phrases starting with "I'm" today.

I'm (Kiddo's name)
I'm five
I'm hungry
I'm thirsty
I'm good

Here he is working with his three graduate clinicians.  They are all awesome and keep Kiddo engaged and working hard, but disguising it as fun.  He's doing great working with them.


Tomorrow's the last day.  His first session will be a receptive (comprehension) language test, because we know he has a receptive delay, it's just never been formally evaluated.  Then he'll have a half hour break, a session working on his D and F goals, a break for lunch, and one final speech session.  Sad to think it's almost done, but he's been working like a champ (pun intended) and making steady progress on words starting with D and F.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment