Thursday, July 7, 2016

And he's jumping!!

It's a milestone I've been waiting for and praying for for years.  Jumping--a skill I've seen two year olds do, and yet Kiddo turned six and still wasn't jumping.  Years of physical therapy, of trying to help Kiddo get the motor planning down by prompting him "bend your knees, and 1, 2, 3 jump!  Feet together!!"

At the beach one evening (pics of our beach vacation coming soon!!), Hubster built a sand castle and told Kiddo to jump on it.  We expected Kiddo to do his usual bend of knees and then one foot forward and then the other, but Hubster and I just stared in shock as we watched him bend his knees and jump with his feet together.  Hubster asked me "Did he really just jump?"

I told him "I think so, let's see if he can do it again."  I grabbed my camera and told Kiddo to jump.  And he did!!

Hope you enjoy the video as much as we enjoyed seeing our son master this major milestone. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment